Work with us
Work With Us
Looking to put your career back on the right track?
Would you love to know more about Europe than you’d ever learn in a tour book? You’ll not only find outstanding prospects for career growth, but the chance to learn from some of the best in the business at a place where teamwork, innovation and customer-focused service are the operating principles behind enormous success. Simply contact our human resources department at HR_Resources@raileurope.com. And don’t forget to pack your lust for life and adventuresome spirit. You might just be who we are looking for.
Q. Job Title: Seasonal Phone Operator
A. Department: Group Department
Job Title: Seasonal Phone Operator
Location: White Plains, NY
Reports To: Manager of Groups
Employee Class: Non-Exempt
Employment Status: Seasonal Full Time
Responsible for greeting, transferring and qualifying incoming group calls. Assign group quotes to sales staff; assist with blocking group space, and data entry. Assembles group travel documents to be mailed and ships them to appropriate parties for delivery. Maintain both ticket stock and manual stock. Assist Group Reservations and Fulfillment team as needed.
- Management of the group department emails; reading all new request, deletion of spam, creation of new accounts, verification of requests to avoid duplicates and assignation to sales agent
- Management of the group department voicemails
- Reception and qualify incoming calls to the Groups Department
- Assist clients with general inquiries and direct call(s) to the appropriate sales agent
- Direct clients to website to complete quote request form; when necessary create quotes over the phone
- Maintenance and updating of information in Salesforce
- Follow-up with clients on behalf of Group Consultants as needed
- Assist Reservation Agent with data entry in Salesforce
- Assist Reservation Agent with completion of monthly Mosaique Printing Activity Report for Finance
- Assist Reservation Agent with completion of monthly Reconciliation Reports for Finance
- Minimum Associates Degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous rail or airline reservation experience helpful
- Fluency in a European language a plus
- Telephone operator/sales skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to take initiative, work independently yet regularly follow internal and rail carrier and vendor’s lines of communication.